ArcheAge Wiki:Alliance, Hostile, and Neutral Zones
| This article is outdated. |
This article is outdated and may contain contents that are missing or inaccurate.
There are many regions in Erenor, each with different rules. Some regions are controlled by certain factions, some allow constant conflict, and some fluctuate between times of war and peace. These regions can be divided into the following categories:
Alliance Controlled Zones
The starting continents of Nui and Haranya each have seven Alliance Controlled Zones. In these zones, characters of the controlling faction cannot attack each other for any reason. Additionally, enemy faction members cannot initiate combat against a member of the controlling faction while inside these zones. If a member of the controlling faction chooses to attack a member of an enemy faction, the attacked character is immediately able to defend him or herself. (Note: ONLY the attacked character can fight back. Allies of the attacked character will not be able to engage in the fight unless they are also attacked.)
Conflict Zones are regions where any character may attack another, regardless of their allegiance. Enemy factions can attack each other immediately, and allied characters can attack each other by turning on Bloodlust Mode. These zones cycle through multiple stages of conflict, some of which reward characters for killing each other and some which enforce peace for a limited time. These stages are described below.
The Different Stages of Conflict
There are seven different stages of conflict in a Conflict Zone. Each zone starts out at the lowest level, called Tension, and rises as characters of opposing factions kill each other within the zone. This process eventually leads to War, wherein characters can earn Honor by killing members of enemy factions. After a zone has been at War for one hour, it will enter a state of Peace for two hours, preventing any hostilities within the zone. Once the Peace time is up, the zone returns to the lowest level of conflict and the process repeats. The details of each stage are listed below:
- Tension (Stage 1): No Honor gained from killing enemy faction members. Escalates after 70 kills.
- Danger (Stage 2): No Honor gained from killing enemy faction members. Escalates after 100 kills.
- Dispute (Stage 3): No Honor gained from killing enemy faction members. Escalates after 140 kills.
- Unrest (Stage 4): No Honor gained from killing enemy faction members. Escalates after 190 kills.
- Crisis (Stage 5): No Honor gained from killing enemy faction members. Escalates after 250 kills.
- Conflict (Stage 6): Minimum Honor gained from killing enemy faction members. Escalates after 30 minutes.
- War (Stage 7): Maximum Honor gained from killing enemy faction members. Lasts 1 hour, then changes to Peace.
- Peace: No character can attack any other character during this time. Lasts 2 hours, then resets to Tension (Stage 1).
During events, there is a unique stage the zone is forced into called "Festival Period". This forces the zone into peace for the duration of the event.
Unlike most Conflict Zones, regions of open sea never experience peace and are always in a state of Conflict or War. These regions include Halcyona Gulf and the Arcadian Sea.
Hostile Territory refers to regions that are not controlled by either starting faction, and do not cycle through the different stages of conflict. Characters of any faction can attack each other here, but doing so will not earn them any Honor and will not escalate the region towards War.