The ability to own and farm land is an integral part of the economy in ArcheAge. There are many different types of housing and farms that can be earned or purchased, each with their own advantages. Once acquired, these items can only be placed in specific areas (known as Housing Provinces) which are marked on the map of each region.
The Different Types of Housing Provinces
- General Housing Zones are reserved for any size of house except for Thatched Farmhouses. Scarecrow Farms and Scarecrow Gardens can also be placed in these zones.
- Luxury Housing Zones are reserved for the largest houses, such as Manors and Townhouses. Smaller houses and farms cannot be placed in these zones.
- Scarecrow Farm Zones are reserved for Scarecrow Farms. A player may only place one Scarecrow Farm in these zones per server, regardless of how many characters they have on that server. Houses and Scarecrow Gardens cannot be placed in these zones.
- Thatched Farmhouse Zones are reserved for Thatched Farmhouses.
- Aquafarm Housing Zones are reserved for Aquafarms.
- Marine Housing Zones are reserved for Breezy Bungalows.
- Scarecrow Garden Zones are reserved for the temporary placement of Scarecrow Gardens. Players must pay the placement tax and use 1 lumber to complete their Scarecrow Garden, but the garden will be demolished after one week and the design mailed back to the owner. A player may only have one Scarecrow Garden in these zones per server, regardless of how many characters they have on that server.
Hidden Housing Provinces
While most Housing Provinces can be found using the map, there are unmarked housing and farming areas scattered throughout the world of Erenor. These “hidden” zones can be any of the types listed above, and can be identified through one or more of the following clues:
- Small signposts with a house on them.
- The “Housing Province” subzone name appears upon entering the area.
- The area is playing the Housing Zone background music instead of the region’s normal music.
- When attempting to place a house or farm, the area is bordered in the same wooden posts that surround normal Housing Provinces.